The Town House Galleria Hotel is situated in the renowned Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, one of the oldest shopping malls in the world. Housed within a four-story double arcade in the centre of Milan, the Galleria is named after Victor Emmanuel II, the first king of the Kingdom of Italy. It was designed in 1861 by Giuseppe Mengoni and built between 1865 and 1877. The structure consists of two glass-vaulted arcades that intersect in an octagon covering the street that connects Piazza Duomo to Piazza della Scala. The central octagonal space is surmounted by a glass dome. The Milanese Galleria was larger in scale than its predecessors and was an important step in the evolution of the modern enclosed and glazed shopping mall, of which it was the direct progenitor. It has inspired the use of the term galleria for many other shopping arcades and malls.
Guests of the Town House Galleria Hotel have free access to the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum and the Highline Galleria via an exclusive direct passageway from the hotel.